Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

No

Dark or Light Style

Dark

upgrade syndrome


When some of our regular trail buddies saw my new rig a few weeks ago they jokingly said that I contracted a very serious disease called "upgradetitis", and its quite difficult to cure :D.

I think its natural for us to upgrade our equipment especially when our old ones are already giving up on us (denial stage hehe). So last weekend I decided to let go of my (non even entry level) Altus rear derailleur which is already giving me pedaling and shifting problems (chain slide problems). I replaced it with a Deore XT (M771) RD (XT is the crown jewel of the Deore family).

The new RD is supposed to provide precision shifting: "Smooth and precise chain movement to the aimed gear allows for comfortable shifting." - the Shimano website advertises. I'll see how it performs on the trail next weekend.

I could have just cleaned my old RD and maybe it'll still work, but that sleek design and that embossed XT logo is just so hard to resist!
QuickEdit
Lantaw
0 Comments
Share This Post :

You Might Also Like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @lantawphotos